No more coffee for me~ V8 it is...it works~!

Friday, January 13, 2012

"I think you said internet tech"

I have a huge long story in my head and giganto (oo writing that just made me think of the store Ganto's! remember that?)beef with at&t...I was "accidently disconnected" from my service..that's the story and everyone I talked to over the past week, 15+ of them had a different story of what, why, whatever...I am not going to share that story with you because I have shared it with more people than I ever care to again...the only people who did NOT believe a word any of the things that I was told, were the techs that came out to my house! They outright said, this keeps happening, they are screwed up, they lie...well that was a first! So after a week without internet and unhappy teens traveling over to my office to do homework, I am reconnected! The one thing I cannot get out of my head, is the dang automated voice, which is Male and friendly sounding enough, but after listening to him at least 50 times..I almost find my self phrasing things like him!
When someone asks me a question, I find that first the words in my head start formulating in Hal talk- "I think you said you want me to make dinner? please answer yes or no"...then I have to stop it from coming out my mouth. One tool I did find helpful, to bypass all of the "Please say something like billing", " I think you said technical support","Please say or enter your number"...if you want to talk to an actual human ( or in my case several of them) as soon auto Hal answers that 1-800 number, just start saying "poop". This will also put a jovial spin in your likely ticked off mood. I myself did not figure this out until day 3. But this confuses Hal and forces him to "let me find someone who can help you with that" which is something I am sure you do not need help from, well at least from at&t :)

4 comments:

  1. I have had major issues with AT&T over the last month. I didn't get completely disconnected like you, but my brother had it happen just like you. You would think that with all their competition that AT&T would "up their game" a bit, wouldn't you? I'm glad you're back..... and I do remember Ganto's. Loved that place :)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no choice but to go with at&t where I am living now...victim to their-um, customer service?
    and isn't it funny recalling Gantos?...so weird how that popped into my head..looking for that perfect high school dress...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats worse automated Hal... Or Paul with a heavy arabic accent you can not make out.. Whats my name you ask??? haaccksandy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya...Chantel and Charmissa had to resay things to me multiple times....but that dam Hal...I can hear him now!

    ReplyDelete