No more coffee for me~ V8 it is...it works~!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dinna fash yerself...

So...I readily admit to having addictive behavior...good food..good art..photography opportunities...children! Yet while I have always been a lover of books and reading in general...I am clearly addicted to my newly achieved Kindle...While I never thought I would want or enjoy a Kindle (being a book hoarder)..I love the access to multiple books at any given time...it has been taking up any spare time I have...
Thank you to my Mom, who gifted me the Kindle for Christmas, and I one for her ( ya, too much comparative wavelength there)...my test run for checking my Kindle registry was uploading the first free book I saw to make sure everything turned out..the book was Woman of Grace by Kathleen Morgan..which turned to be a small series of 4 books...I have never ever been a reader of Christian Books...this series was intriguing, faith inspiring, and for the love of God ( or Jehovah, as my Jehovah friends who visit me by the van load every other week advise me)addicting!! I have run through these books, ever grateful to my Kindle that I don't have to go to the store or library or gasp, order them..and wait..
and then the series ended...I thought, what? how could she stop writing about these families and being so inspiring?....and then...a new series..based in the Highlands of Scotland...early 1800 and beyond...also faith based to an extent..but the stories are engaging..and triumphant to the human spirit...and the writing is done in old ye Scottish lingo...wanting me to speak to others in my daily life in -"Och"..."Mayhap".."Dinna fash yerself"..."Nay"...sheesh...how into my brain these stories and their characters come to life and share in one's own..Check out this series beginning with Woman of Grace- Brides of Culdee Creek- first book is free for your Kindle...

No comments:

Post a Comment